- Montamat SC et al. Overcoming problems with polypharmacy and drug misuse in the elderly. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. 1992(8):143-58. PMID: 1576572
- Werder S and Preskorn S. Managing polypharmacy: Walking the fine line between help and harm. Current Psychiatry Online; 2(2): February.
- Ostini et al. How is medication prescribing ceased? A systematic review. Med Care 2011;49:24-36. PMID: 20966784
- Patient Priority Directed Decision Making and Care for older adults with Multiple chronic conditions. Clinics Ger Med 2016. PMID: 27113145
- Gallagher P, Ryan C, Byrne S, Kennedy J, O’Mahony D. STOPP (Screening Tool of Older Person’s Prescriptions) and START (Screening Tool to Alert doctors to Right Treatment). Consensus validation. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 2008;46(2):72–83. PMID: 18218287