- Luppa M et al. Age- and gender-specific prevalence of depression in latest-life–systematic review and meta-analysis. J Affect Disord. 2012 Feb;136(3):212-21. PMID: 21194754
- Kok RM, Reynolds CF 3rd. Management of Depression in Older Adults: A Review. JAMA. 2017;317(20):2114-2122.
- Mulsant BH. 2016. Recognition and Assessment of Depression in Older Adults. M Rapoport Ed. Geriatric Psychiatry Review and Exam Preparation Guide. Pp 99-110.
- Diniz BS, et al. Late-life depression and risk of vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s disease: systematic review and meta-analysis of community-based cohort studies. Br J Psychiatry. 2013;202:329–335. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3640214/)
- Robinson RG. Poststroke depression: prevalence, diagnosis, treatment, and disease progression. Biol Psychiatry. 2003;54(3):376.
- Kessler RC, Berglund P, Demler O, et al. Lifetime prevalence and age-of-onset distributions of DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2005; 62:593.
- Van Ameringen M. Comorbid anxiety and depression in adults: Epidemiology, clinical manifestations and diagnoses. In: UptoDate, Stein MD (Ed), 2017.
- Hoehn-Saric R, et al. Generalized anxiety disorder with early and late onset of anxiety symptoms. Compr Psychiatry. 1993 Sep-Oct;34(5):291-8.
- Maurer D. Am Fam Physician. Screening for depression symptoms and risk factors. 2012 Jan 15;85(2):139-144
- Aziz R, Steffens DC. What are the causes of late-life depression? Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013 December; 36(4): 497–516.
- Mind Over Mood, Second Edition: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think by Dennis Greenberger. https://www.amazon.ca/Mind-Over-Mood-Second-Changing/dp/1462520421/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D7CT4MEFPZKZFDVSS1W8